|Melbourne scavenger hunt
||[Feb. 5th, 2009|06:39 pm]
I ran my scavenger hunt and everyone enjoyed it and found new places to frequent (even though it was during that ridiculous heat), so I thought I might post the questions I came up with in case anybody was looking to do something similar.|
1. Make your way to T2 in Melbourne Central to sample their chilled teas. What flavours have they made up for today?
2. What is the price of the cheapest waffle on Degraves?
3. 7th floor, 252 Swanston St. What does the sign on the tip jar read?
4. What colour monkey? 470 Victoria St
5. What animal is wearing a pearl necklace in The Carlton Hotel on Bourke St? (Open from 4pm)
6. What films are playing at ACMI today?
7. What is the sculpture at corner of Swanston and Bourke St?
8. What year was Cook’s Cottage opened? In what park?
9. What band is playing at the Hifi on the 4 & 5th of February? 125 Swanston
10.Elizabeth St, next to the magic shop. What country is the secret ingredient in special juice from?
11. In the arcade opposite St Paul’s Cathedral, on the first floor is Retrostar. How many dressing rooms does it have?
12. In the Royal Arcade on Bourke is Suga. Buy one of the cheapest lollipops. DO NOT EAT IT! This will be the prize for the winners.
13. On the footpath in front of the immigration museum, there is a plaque with the words “Another View” on it. What is the name and year written on it?
14. What is the year written on the Princes Bridge?
15. Where could I buy a lamington from? Not including Muffin Break.
16. What has fallen on the buildings in Warburton Lane?
17. Visit Hosier Lane. There is framed art hanging on the wall. What is the picture in the frame 4th closest to ACMI?
18. Name 4 theatres in the CBD. What is currently playing at them?
19. Go to the IMAX . Stand in front of the entrance looking out. What flag do you see?
20. Brunswick St. Visit Bimbo’s. What are the names of their dessert pizzas?
21. Brunswick St. When in the Vegie Bar open for breakfast?
22. Visit the bar on Tattersalls Lane. What fruit is growing in the tree? 2 bonus points if you bring me back one!
23. Lygon St. Go to Readings. Find the Luxe Melbourne guide. What is the first topic discussed under the heading “Blah Blah”.
24. Lygon St. Get a business card from Brunetti’s.
25. Pick up a copy of InPress street magazine.
26. Take an Avant postcard.
27. Collect a coaster from the James Squire Brewery on Russell St.
28. Brunswick St. How much is to rent a bike from Little Creatures Brewery for the day?
29. You are on the corner of Lonsdale and Swanston Streets. Where and what is the closest supermarket?
30. Head to Flagstaff Gardens. Find me where the gardens take their name from.
Oh, that looks like so much fun! I think I might be able to answer a few of these off the top of my head?
That was such a cute idea and a brilliant way to get people to explore Melbourne. I'm tempted to print it off just so I can go out and explore a bit ... I've been here about seven months now and the only street in the city I'm familiar with is Swanston St.
Oh do it! My best friend hasn't had a chance to explore the city since moving here in September either, so we're going to do a slow version of it, with plenty of time for drinks and snacks and looking at pretty things :)
Man, you'd have to run this on a Wednesday or Thursday, Beat and Inpress go so quickly :P
Good thing I did run it on a Wednesday then..
16 - Pigeon shit.
Great list btw!
Haha. I had some interesting answers from people who didn't make it to places and decided to just to guess.